Collaborative Wiki for Recipes based on SilverBullet

Hi all,

I'm here to report a happy example of multi-space, multi-user setup.

Just yesterday I migrated to the multi-space setup. It took a little bit of time but was worth it.

Many of my friends are starting grad school overseas, and consequently starting to cook. In one of our physics discussion groups, the main topic is now cooking.

Today we started talking about cooking again. And I thought, maybe use my newfound superpower that is multi-user silverbullet to establish a collaborative wiki dedicated to recipes?

The idea popped up over lunch. Ten minutes later the wiki and users are created, 40 mins after that the custom configs and libraries were in place. Now we have a fully functioning space with many users, with the index page showing:

  • a list of recently created recipes
  • buttons that trigger a page template tagged with recipe
  • a bit of other mouth-watering silverbullet magic.

Recipes are organized by tags. For example, some salmon dish is tagged recipe/seafood/salmon. If there are >1 main ingredients, just add more tags. I've not thought through all of the possible attributes for a recipe, but there's at least "vegetarian" (boolean), "difficulty" and "prep-time". Let's just keep it incremental for now.

My friends are happy, so am I. We know where to look for peer-reviewed recipes now. It was really amazing to just try how frictionless it is to create a new space and setup users and custom scripts.

Very nice to hear such use cases! Keep up updated on how this evolves over time and what the feedback is!