SilverBullet as a replacement for to-do apps?

Has anyone transitioned from to-do list apps to using SB as a full-blown replacement? Does it work well for you? Are there any missing features, like notifications?

If you haven’t, does anyone know of any open-source to-do apps? Almost every app on the Play Store requires payment to unlock all features, which is really annoying.

Thank you!

1 Like

I haven’t even tried because I really need notifications and lots of them because of my ADHD.

For apps, I think the best open source one is Tasks.org

There are definitely a few of us that use SilverBullet for tasks, but I’m not sure how many are using it as their only todo app.

If you haven’t already, take a look at these threads for inspiration:

I think the biggest missing feature is what you already mentioned, notifications. It should be possible to add some sort of notifications using space-script or at least in a plug, but I haven’t seen anyone do that yet other than the ICS integration in one of those threads.

1 Like

I am using SilverBullet exclusively as my to-do app since the 1st day I found about it.
I personally don’t need notifications for my tasks, what i need is to have a daily process to go through them, so I am aware of their state.

If i need something at a specific time (and not a due date), that for me is more a calendar entry/event than a task/todo

1 Like

I use Silverbullet as the center for both knowledge management and the task management.

Some tweaks are need for me to get comfortable like what is documented in Obsidian like tasks but afterwards it is totally enough for me.

Curiously though I also have strong ADHD but I don’t need the notification so it works fine for me. To me I just visit Silverbullet everytime I feel bored / nothing to do and it works fine for me.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for to-dos. I have a bash script that runs every minute on a note in my space and checks each line for a date/time. If the date/time in the line matches the current date/time, it sends me a notification with that line to my phone using NTFY. Works well for the most part.

5 Likes