Working with Quick Notes

I love the Quick Notes feature. Alt-Shift N makes it super fast to add a note and I can go back to where I was very quickly so I don’t lose my flow.

However I’m not sure of the best way to process my quick notes once I’ve created a few.

They’re in Library/Core/Quick Notes, but just display the date/time they were created, so I can’t actually see them. I can live with that, but the greater problem is that when I click onto them, what do I do with them? I can’t move them anywhere. So should I copy/paste them to another page?

How do you deal with quick notes and processing them?

You can move them by simply renaming them. Just click on the name, change it and hit enter.

My flow is this: create a quick note, write things down. Then later simply rename the page (by typing in a new name in the top bar). Done. If you want to get fancy, you can use the silverbullet-ai plug, which will give you a command to suggest a new name based on the content using the magic of LLMs.

Ah, that is very useful! I didn’t think of renaming them. They then naturally become unlinked notes. What do you do to make sure you don’t forget about them? Or do you link them with another note straight away?

I use the query from Library/Core/Quick Notes on my index page so they’re available there. But usually I rename them pretty much immediately.

1 Like

I have the following page, called Quick Notes, linked on my Home page which allows me to quickly go to any quick link file created, as well as see the content of all of them.

This is your {[Quick Note]} inbox.

```query
page where name =~ /^Inbox\// render [[Library/Core/Query/Page]] order by name desc
```

# All Quick Notes

```template

{{#each { page where name =~ /^Inbox\// order by name desc } }}
## {{replace(name, "Inbox/", "")}}

{{readPage(name)}}

---
---

{{/each}}
```
3 Likes